The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
When to use the "minimum raise" Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

When to use the "minimum raise"

Go down 
+3
sambuca12
Admin
RocketsAddict
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

When to use the "minimum raise" Empty
PostSubject: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:40 pm

I find it hard to find the right ammount to raise with quite some time. When do you use the minimum raise?
I do win some nice pots with raising 2x the BB on a big pot, and if someone raises i can fold and only lose a few chips.

What do you guys do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:55 pm

the only times i make a min bet/raise is when i have a really strong table image... hopefully making them think im trying to build the pot to steal it later... most will think they can see it coming and fold their hand... i say "will think" because i mostly use this when im bluffing :p
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 am

Yea, but when can you be sure to have a strong enough table image?
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:37 am

when people lay down a hand more easy. start by playing one table at a time and focus on that table you'll be amazed what you can see
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 am

yea instead of playing 5 tables at once.... not naming names .... :p
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 am

i often use minimum raise when i have a strong hand in early position. I want some money in the pot, without scaring people away...
If you've already got a strong table image, people are more likely to fold. Which makes a smaller pot that's easier to steal.
When i'm in late position i rarely use the minimum raise, because then i've already got the information i want Smile
Back to top Go down
greywind50
Welcome Aboard
greywind50

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 am

I like using the min raise with or without having a hand. Keep everyone quessing with few chips at risk especially on the orphan hands where no one has hit the flop. When you do have a monster you hope they re-reraise.
Back to top Go down
moeraj
High Card
moeraj

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 am

The only time I would even consider a minimum raise is if I have a monster and it is part of my trap. Usually I end up not using it anyway because there always seems to be something better to do to set my trap.This is one of my pet peeves at the table and I hate it when another player minimum raises regularly. It does not keep happening because I will usually steal from this player by re-raising with air if necessary to stop it,particularly from someone to my right.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy88
Pair
Dizzy88

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:40 am

minimum raise

bluf:
button position and SB when are no calls
after the flop was dealt if there are no more than 2 opponents

and ofently with minimum one pair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to use the "minimum raise"   When to use the "minimum raise" Empty

Back to top Go down

When to use the "minimum raise"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Poker Cave :: Poker Strategies :: Sit N' Go Strategy-
Jump to: