The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
How about small Suited-connectors? Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

How about small Suited-connectors?

Go down 
+4
sambuca12
Admin
iRo
RocketsAddict
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

How about small Suited-connectors? Empty
PostSubject: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 pm

How do you guys play small suited connectors? Can you play them aggressive? Or what else to do?
Give me some thoughts and do/dont's please, because im never sure what to do with them....
Back to top Go down
iRo
Three of a Kind

Location : Under your bed ( or in your closet, I'd check both)

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

like to vary my play early in game once in a while, raising in early position with suited connectors could really give you an edge if you hit the right flop/draws. Because they never suspect you to raise with small suited connectors.

Not using it in later stages of the game when the blinds get heavy on me though
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 pm

lol... i usually just fold them... unless im on a blind with allmost no action...
see a cheap flop.. if not.. fold it!
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 am

usually I will fold a small suited connector. only when it's cheap and I am in good (late) position or when I am defending my blind. when I have had a long cold streak and have been folding a lot I might play it just to stay active.
Back to top Go down
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 am

How about a 9-10 suited...? Thats a good hand to play right? Would you play it with a 50 blind, 1500 stack?
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am

the middle suited connectors are good enough to play with and try to see a cheap flop. it has many ways to hit big but if you miss it's worth diddly. so don't make to big of an investment
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 am

Rolling Eyes yup, same here Smile middle suited connectors can get you a big pot, just be careful you don't invest to much in a 4 outer....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 am

9 10 a descent hand?? not in my opinion...
if you check, call or raise with it preflop.. and a J ,Q, K or A comes on flop.. you will have a crappy hand most of the time..
and you will have to lay it down... so i think that 7 out of 10 times, you will have to lay it down anyway...
only way you can have a nice profit with it, is by rasiing a lil preflop, and hitting trips or 2 pair.
other then that i wouldnt be bothered with 9 10 in hand.. and fold it straight away...
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
greywind50
Welcome Aboard
greywind50

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 am

I like to play low suited connectors like lower pairs; see a cheap flop and hope you hit the flop, if not drop! Depending on the blinds/stack and table position and tournament factors,
I will decide to limp or what size bet to call or take the betting lead.
Back to top Go down
moeraj
High Card
moeraj

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 am

Ther eis nothing wrong with opening a betting round with any 2 cards from good table position which to me means the cut off or button. Other than that I will only limp in with them and take a flop and go from there.If you play these hands I think you need to be able to fold 2 pair or a set under pressure or you should not play them at all.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy88
Pair
Dizzy88

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 am

depends on the position and the stack size/BB

(yesterday i folded 5, 3 in the SB position, only to pay another 50 chips to BB
flop: 3 5 5

this happens 1/1000, that's why is better to fold them)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about small Suited-connectors?   How about small Suited-connectors? Empty

Back to top Go down

How about small Suited-connectors?
Page 1 of 1