The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
bankroll management Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

bankroll management

Go down 
+7
ChaseMan16
sisu99
gotheartido
RocketsAddict
Benneke
Admin
Craigy Bell
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Craigy Bell
Welcome Aboard

bankroll management Empty
PostSubject: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

When using brm you should keep a few things in mind. Never buy in to a mtt tournament with anymore tha 2% of your bankroll. When playing in 1 table sng never buy in for more than 5% of your bankroll. When starting your bankroll i know its time consuming but play as many freerolls as u can. But try and build a bankroll of at least $50 before you play cash games. This will also help you to hone in on them skills at the tables. Playing cash games id have a look and see what every one elses stacks are like and buy in for about the average stack. At least 20 big blinds can be needed when playing cash games. But is not always the best way to go. New players seem to make the mistake that if they suffer a loss they try and move up limits to try and recoup that loss. But thats the worse thing u can do .better to move down and slowly try and rebuild. If at anytime playing cash tables if you go on a winning streak. once u have earned 7-8% of your overall bankroll stop playing that table.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 pm

nice point of view, i dont play cash tables that much, but i like your view on things..
nice advice for the others Very Happy
thanks for sharing Razz
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks for the advice Craigy! I often make the mistake of trying to recoup a loss, and you're right, that's not the best way to go tongue
Back to top Go down
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:17 am

The problem is that my bankroll ussualy is about 10-20$ at the moment... (kinda cheap).. So that would mean that I can only play a mtt with more then 0.20-0.40 inbuy Razz
But its true, with my 2.20 bountys I can make it or brake it... If i get unlucky 3 times in a row, its hard to climb back....
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:14 am

RocketsAddict wrote:
The problem is that my bankroll ussualy is about 10-20$ at the moment... (kinda cheap).. So that would mean that I can only play a mtt with more then 0.20-0.40 inbuy Razz
But its true, with my 2.20 bountys I can make it or brake it... If i get unlucky 3 times in a row, its hard to climb back....

my bankroll is similar, and i know what you mean. So after a bad beat, i now go to the fast 50 tables to win it back, instead of going for another bounty sng Smile
Back to top Go down
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm

I just deposited an other 15$ today... not the best way to go, but wanna have a littlebit bigger stack to win something again Smile Played a doubleup with Snug today, liked that to... Good chance of winning, and its not that fast of a game like a bounty...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:27 pm

double up games are eas money if you just remain patient and are able to read players...
its fun and laid back.. so yea i enjoy em
Back to top Go down
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

yea, i got that experience today Smile
Just lost a lot again @ bad beats on a 5.50 bounty and a 2.20 bounty (was stupid to even play the 5.50 but ok...)
Would like to play some double up with you tomorrow Snug Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

no worries Smile
Back to top Go down
gotheartido
Welcome Aboard
gotheartido

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:09 am

well my opinon on brm is that i like to have 100 buyins i know it seems like alot but i rather be safe then sorry i been there to many times where i jump the limits and i feel with that much of a cushion there should be no reason to tilt, i am mainly a sng player but also believe u do need atleast a 50 buyin min in to play cash. gl out there Very Happy

also 100 buyins will keep it fun and enjoyable all the time no pressure

wh00t
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 am

im also a sng player.. would be nice if you would join one of our custom sng's on carbon one day... check out eachothers skill level Wink

also, i agree on the 100buyin rule..
however i think it differs a bit for each site..
fulltilt has games with 30.000 players.. hard to win those.. carbon has much smaller games.
making your chances a bit better.. so 70buyins would do on a smaller site i suppose..
Back to top Go down
sisu99
Two Pair
sisu99

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 pm

My biggest downfall..BANKROLL MANAGEMENT....I just cant stick to it..almost ridiculous to be honest bom

And I agree with all what you guys said...but I do not abide by this logical basic math rule. Im hard headed and i bounce my head off the wall way too often since i run out of money way too often...

Guess it's time to make it happen...so I can enjoy the game without the stress of overplaying my roll..ILL get back with you guys and let you if I can work on this crucial aspect of this game we so love

study
Back to top Go down
ChaseMan16
Two Pair
ChaseMan16

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:58 am

i tend to go with a differnt theory on br when playin on carbon. Like snug said not as many people so ur odds of cashing are better. I fell if bankroll is over 100.00 then play the 5 buyins if under 100.00 play the 2.00 buy ins. Also have to take in account rebuys and addons. Just dont want to put my whole bankroll at stake for 1 or 2 tourneys
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:04 am

good point Wink

rebuys and addons might blurr your vision on what a correct bankroll management would be.
keep that in mind peeps.. listen to chase Razz
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:00 am

If you're low on bankroll, and still want to play a big mtt, Carbon also offers a lot of mtt freerolls...
Either way, it's good (free) practice Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

if you like MTT's but hate rebuys.. try a nice freezeout MTT...
on carbon you have bounty freezeout mtt's, GTD freezeouts and deepstack freezeouts..
on fulltilt you have some nice knockout mtt's, GTD freezeouts and nice satelite freezeouts...

enough to choose from.. just try to find out what suits you best..
my advice would be: play a few cheap or free games with a good friend and let him or her judge your style of play (people tend to see their own play diff then what is actually is)
then give it a try in "your area of play"

glglgl
admin up up and awayyyyy
Back to top Go down
moeraj
High Card
moeraj

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm a little bit looser yet with br management.If I can leave at least $50 in my roll I play up to $10 freezout but only $5 rebuy.If I can leave at least $100 in my roll I can play up to $10 rebuy. If I can leave $150 in my roll I can play $22 freezeout etc etc. Same idea for ring game blind levels and I always prefer to start with maximum buy in at cash even if I have to play lower stakes. On the other side I do play tag and don't see many flops so I need to lose with a monster to get stacked.
Back to top Go down
pokerponed
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:52 pm

If you had a tough year with your bankroll last year then it's time to re-evaluate what you are doing. Managing your bankroll is the most important task a poker player does outside of playing the game itself. Too often players tend to play in cash games and poker tournaments that are too large for their bankrolls. So, in order to manage your bankroll in 2010 you need to be conscious of what the buy-in is in relation to your overall bankroll health.

Usually, I try not to risk more than ten percent of my bankroll in any particular endeavor. The reasoning is fairly straight forward. I do it because it minimizes the risk that I take and maximizes my potential winnings. So if I am sitting with a bankroll of $2000 I am not going to buy-in to any tournament or cash game for more than $200. In most cases I will continue playing lower buy-ins of $100 for tournaments which takes the variance out even more. Remember, your bankroll is your lifeline. Treat it that way and you will do well. Abuse your bankroll and you will find yourself depositing more often than not.
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Bankroll management is def. tricky. I usually stick to it at first then I hit that one decent cash then I start going over board above my limits where 2 tourneys makes or breaks me.And even though everytime I tell my self to behave I do the same thing... instead of playing a $5 tourney thats within my means I jump up to a $30 or $50 to go for the gusto and if you dont cash ur hurtin. Havent learned yet in 10 years of playing poker lol. One of these days I will smartin up
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:04 am

hahahaha... yup.... one of these days....
i stick to managament most of the time.. being a sng player mainly i dont get hit that bad.
simply because i win 80% of all my sng's...
i can handle a loss every now and again... i used to play mtt's aswell, but i found out those games were the ones to kill me. so i stay away from em now hahahaha.

advice: to have good bankroll managament, you should allways know what games is suited for you, and what game isnt. no point trying to win big in shorthanded cashgames if you suck at it ^^

goodluck peeps... show me those wins!
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:28 pm

simply because i win 80% of all my sng's...

If this statement is true nicely done. I could get use to that percentage real quick.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:10 pm

its true, but have to admit i play double up sng's mostly... so easier to win Wink
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Ya Im likin those double ups. Good way to build the bankroll up if ya can stay patient which can be easier said then done. But either way a win is a win in my book
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 am

i agree, and i prefer to risk as ittle as possible, and build up as steady as i can..
i know double up games dont make big wins... but i seem to do allright playing them.. so why fix it if it aint broken Wink
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 am

With my new will to make sure I dont blow my $25 balance on Carbon I have decided to keep it simple which for now has been mostly double up sit n gos so far doing pretty well sticking to the $2 and $3 ones. And on top of that I decided to play the .02/.04 cent table yesterday which I usually dont do but maybe I should do more of..... I bought in with the minimum 50 cent buyin and ended up leaving the table 30 minutes later having balloned my 50 cents into $11.87! So almost 25 times my buyin,why doesnt that happen when I sit at a $1 table with $50 (turning 50 bucks into $1,187 would be SWEET for 30 minutes of play!!!) Just thought I would share that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bankroll management   bankroll management Empty

Back to top Go down

bankroll management
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Poker Cave :: Poker Strategies :: Bankroll Management-
Jump to: