The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
let's play cash Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

let's play cash

Go down 
+4
Benneke
iRo
Admin
sambuca12
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:41 am

the best thing about ring games I think is that you can come and go as you please.
you can pick a table with the blinds of your choice and if it turns out to be an "unfriendly" table in any way you can leave whenever you want.

when it comes to strategy I can only talk about micro games 0.02/0.04 and 0.05/0.10 I will sometimes play a bad beat table 0.50/1.00 but only when my bankroll will let me (and that has not been for a wile now Sad )
in those micro games I like to play pretty tight and try not to bluff to much because people will call you with all kinds off crap hands that will turn out winners.
with that in mind I like to bet high at my big hands and not slow play. there is a good chance someone will call anyway and that way you have a nice big pot.
another strategy is to be clear preflop. I will either fold or make a good 3x or 4x blind raise hoping for 1 or 2 to stay in or to take it down right there.
again I am not a big fan of slow play in most times you will win a smaller pot than you would have if you would have just bet for value or even give him a chance to get a free card to his advantage.

that's all for now

sam out
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am

who here prefers cash tables over tourneys?
let us know why you prefer it, and what your experiences are...
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
iRo
Three of a Kind

Location : Under your bed ( or in your closet, I'd check both)

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am

Admin wrote:
who here prefers cash tables over tourneys?
let us know why you prefer it, and what your experiences are...

Sure won't be me, I'll take tourneys over cash tables anyday! Mainly because I suck at cash tables Embarassed Usually lack the focus to figure out possible exploits of betting patterns..and waiting for AA or KK to possible exploit just isn't my thing really Smile

iRo out
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 pm

I rather like playing cash... the whole come and go as you please part is what I like best. going from table to table looking for victims Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:09 pm

up and downsides huh...

any1 else with experiences?
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 pm

I think the best thing about cash tables, is that the blinds stay the same. In a tourney blinds can eat you up, if you dont make a move. At cash tables, you can wait for a hand, while you check out the other players on the table...
And like Buca said, you can leave anytime you want.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:30 am

yup, 2 very nice upsides to playing cash tables.

downside i think is: in a mtt you buyin for a certain amount, if you lose, you only lost your buyin.. in cash tables, you can lose it all haha. as some of us allready have in the past :p

to each their own.. im gonna do another sng for the moment Wink

c yall on the flipside!
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

in cash table you can set an amount you want to play for just like in mtt's difference is you can rebuy more chips and that way loose more. but because the blinds stay the same there is no beginning and end to a game, no clear levels in witch to change your gears so to speak. need good focus to play at such tables I think and I still need some work on that......

sorry this was sambuca12 was still logged in on bennekes account Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sisu99
Two Pair
sisu99

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I played cash games for a few years and tried all the games online and the best game with tons of action without risking of going broke is limit..wether its holdem, omaha stud or horse, you got to be slightly tight-agressive and profit youll make for sure.

Another game that is also very fun is the 8game or 7game depending on the sites -- with these games you never get bored going from limit to pot limit and nl games alternatively every 10-15 hands,,awsome awsome!! to my opinion- NL HOLDEM is to avoid, very risky very tricky and the swings are HUGE and makes your brain crash quite often - state of mind is #1 key in poker and NL cash games are driving me NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS What a Face

On the other hand, NL tourneys are a lot more fun and lets face it, the ones that are playing too many hands or bluff too much wont stick long since they cannot relaod -- and being a tight/agressive as I am, im taking advantage of them geek

So now you guys know my preferences and opinions and im getting hooked on tourneys since a few days more than anything else Smile
Back to top Go down
Dizzy88
Pair
Dizzy88

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:51 am

I agree with sisu99

i've played some cash games (hold'em fix limit) last summer on pokerstars after i've made some money from freerolls... and i won some dollars (that's because i had read some strategies)

but came in my mind "get rich or die tryng"... so i've played a couple of tourneys badugi with 2$ buy-in... lost everything

in conclusion:
don't play NLH cash game
and have patience... go to 9 players table, wait for the BB... meanwhile read other players
play few hands... and if the community cards helps, try to get build pots, set traps
Back to top Go down
moeraj
High Card
moeraj

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:47 am

After playing tournies only for first two years of poker I switched to full ring games and have played a majority of my poker there now for over two years and have made more money on ring. This may be because of the fact that patience is one of my best attributes in poker and in ring games I never blind out and so therefore am not forced to gamble with secondary hands. Also I play full ring games over 6-handed for the same reason,patience. I play table position and don't see very many flops but when I raise preflop I play aggressively post flop so short handed tables get me in trouble because I'm in table position too often and end up playing too many big hands.
Back to top Go down
robertbell1227
Welcome Aboard

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 am

Online poker websites have become increasingly popular in the last five years or so. Due to the fact that online gambling is a popular form of entertainment, online poker websites have jumped on the proverbial bandwagon in order to make some money of their own with regard to this type of enjoyable pastime. With that said, there are a number of online poker websites out there boasting that they are the best ones to use and ones which will yield the biggest payouts for online poker players. The hard part in perusing all of this advertising is trying to find out which online poker website really is the best one to use when looking to have some fun and perhaps make a little money as a result of this fun.

no deposit poker
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokermillennium.com
Sponsored content

let's play cash Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's play cash   let's play cash Empty

Back to top Go down

let's play cash
Page 1 of 1