The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
How to play the pocket Kings Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

How to play the pocket Kings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

How to play the pocket Kings Empty
PostSubject: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am

First of all I would like to say that I did not righ this.
It was written by valirimia from IPM.
I post this because it really helped me with bountys and such.
Hope it helps you guys!

Quote :
Cowboys, King Kong, Kangaroos are nicknames for KK. This hand is often called Ace Magnets by pessimistic expressing the fear that an ace will appear.
Although it is the second hand in value, you should pay attention to this hand. Mere presence of an ace must put you in guard because you have your hand canceled by a bigger pair. The presence of an Ace can also scare you, someone trying to bluff you.
The probability that an Ace to appear in the flop is almost 20% so it’s very important to raise pre-flop. The purpose is to eliminate poor hands that may become strong and to increase the pot. Your raise should be large enough to scare weak hands and enough to find out the strength of your opponent’s hand.
There are 2 particular cases:
1.A flop without an Ace
This is a good situation, but you should be careful. You should continue to bet in a manner that will allow you to extract as much as possible from your opponents and to remove the weak hands. You don’t want to give to someone the opportunity to make two pairs, for example so you have to start playing some aggressive poker. We don’t recommend slow-play in this situation.
2.A flop with an Ace
This is an undesirable situation, but the situation may be moving in your favor: if you’re in early position make a small bet to find out who is holding an Ace (the one who has in hand an Ace will re-raise you) so you can fold. By betting you can also scare the opponents and take the pot. If you are in middle or late position and someone place a small bet you can call, but if he’s making a big bet you should fold.
As a general rule, you have to play this hand aggressively and you must know when to fold. Many beginners over estimate the KK and when it’s obvious the opponent has two Aces they don’t fold.
Back to top Go down
ChaseMan16
Two Pair
ChaseMan16

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 am

thanks for posting that article. KK is my worst hand. I seem to lose about 80% of the time with them
Back to top Go down
RocketsAddict
Straight Flush
RocketsAddict

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 am

ChaseMan16 wrote:
thanks for posting that article. KK is my worst hand. I seem to lose about 80% of the time with them

Most important is to raise with this hand. Dont try to slowplay it, because there is an easy chance you will either get beaten, or get bluffed out when the Ace hits the table!
Back to top Go down
greywind50
Welcome Aboard
greywind50

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 am

KK tough hand to play as alot of opp play ace-rag especially early in a tournament when the blinds are low and the stacks are still big. Hard to reduce field with a big preflop bet. So early in the tournament I do limp with them and will fold to any ace on the flop...looking to survive. Later when the blinds/stacks change I play them differently.
Back to top Go down
moeraj
High Card
moeraj

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:35 am

It's amazing how many players still can't fold this hand when an ace hits the flop. Easy fold for me under pressure but I also always raise pre-flop with them to try to get rid of those ace rags.

Last edited by moeraj on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Dizzy88
Pair
Dizzy88

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 am

How i play KK:
- early position (ex: UTG), call BB
if raised, all-in
if just the BB's in pot and the flop is a one with no Ace, no two suited cards, no to cards for quint, i go all in
- middle position, if no call so further, all in
if raises, all-in
if calls of BB, call
- late position, no call -> all in
1 call, all in
2 or more calls, call just the BB

higher the BBs, more often all-in

if any questions, please ask
ps: sorry for bad english
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play the pocket Kings   How to play the pocket Kings Empty

Back to top Go down

How to play the pocket Kings
Page 1 of 1