The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
Soccer/World Cup Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

Soccer/World Cup

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm

So far I have been watching just because im a HUGE sports fan and its on most of the day however I find myself overcome with boredom. Maybe its because Im from the US and its not on the top list of the sports we watch but it basically has been alotta of running around and kicking the ball back and forth for 90 minutes with a lot of 0-0 scores. Im just trying to get into it but havent quite yet been able too. I do have one question for anyone that may know......How do they determine the "extra time"??? once the 90 minutes is up there has been extra time which seems to differ in every game....im just really curious how they figure out the extra time minutes. Any one know?
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Although I will say I am very disappointed for our US team,they should have won. Their goal near the end was disallowed for a penalty. HOWEVER I along with espn,sports news etc. did not see a penalty on the US looked more like the other team was the one that could have been called for penalties. And go to find out under "FIFA" rules the referree doesnt have to say what player he actually had the penalty called on.....WTF is that!!! someone?? anyone?? lol I just dont understand is the moral of this story.
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:43 am

this tournament is not what I expected in a world cup. Verry uneventfull indeed bubs. hope we get some Quality soccer after the poule matches are done..... we are on to the next round any way won from Japan today only 1-0 not a verry good match but at least not a draw.
Back to top Go down
dianediamonds
Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 pm

I have been enjoying this world cup and all the freerolls that came with it just hope I can win one before it finishes
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:25 pm

hope to make top 2 for entry to the final game (it is top 2 right???) but already made some money playing the world cup fever games so I am already happy with the free money
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

buca: yes you need to make top2 in the world cup freerolls to advance onto the grand final game. only difference with becoming 1st or 2nd is the soccer jersey you win Wink

bubs: few things to try and help you out in your curious moments...
1: the extra time is based on the total injury time, time they give out yellow and red cards and faul plays.. fo example: duing a match there have been 10 injuries taking about 1 min each and
a few yellow cards aswell... they count all the time that was lost not playing the actual game..
at the end of each halfs they add on some extra minutes for injuries...
at the end of the match when a result is 0-0 they again give time for injuries, cards and time not played... most of the time between 3 and 6 mins.
after that (after poule games) they can decide to let the game play another 15mins..
after that it penalty time!

(i hope holland never gets to that point, we suck at it haha)

buca: hol- jap boring game?
true we had ball position 74% of the time and didnt do much with it... but still.. there were some great plays, and really nice moments..
but maybe its me.. indonesian people and japanese people dont like eachother Wink so i really wanted to see those japanese fokkers lose hahaha ... wootwoot
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 am

Thanx for the explanation snug....was really confused about that extra time but your explanation makes sense . As far as the world cup freerolls I have enjoyed the games so far. Still trying to get at least a top 10 for at least a $5 double coupon thats my goal as i dont wanna get greedy and wish for a 1st. So far I have only managed 4 $2 sat entries......but really only 3 since the one game was a huge upset and there was only 29 registered so i didnt have to use too many poker skills to win that coupon lol..
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:57 am

today Netherlands play again. Hope it will be an exiting game Very Happy

Jippie we won again 2-1 just like I predicted
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

I suppose I will hope for the Nethers to go all the way since the US is out....rather than one of the other powerhouses like Brazil. GL to you dutchies...light a dutchie and root for the dutch!
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 pm

our next match is on friday, against Brazil... So that's gonna be a tough game.

Till that time... "pass the dutchy to the left hand side" afro Wink
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 am

well i dont know how they did it but they found a way to beat the number 1 team....congrats to u dutchies.......light em up boys!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am

we rule!!!!! wootwoootttttt!!!!!

what a great match... constant battle, lot of agressive play.. i loved it!!
and the end result is indeed amazing Very Happy
holland ftw!!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:04 am

Yeah!!! Semi-finals here we come! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:22 am

Uruguay in the Semi final shouldn't be a big problem after what we did to Brazil.... hope we make it to the final's and perhaps get a chance to beat "Ze German's" and get some revenge for 1988 cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:24 am

"holland macht frei" Razz
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:53 am

Admin wrote:
"holland macht frei" Razz

english please??? lol
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I made a mistake..... Sad don't need revenge for '88 cuz we won the european cup that year by beating the germans
they beat us in '74 I believe
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:09 pm

man u dutch must be stoned outta ur minds now......... cheers
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:34 pm

just a little bubs saving up for sunday Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:40 pm

owww its going DOWNNNNN Razz

yall aint ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sambuca12
Four of a Kind
sambuca12

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm

So Spain it will be.... would have liked to face Germany more, but now we will kick spain's ass instead Very Happy

Netherlands FTW
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 am

holland VS spain

i predict the outcome to be 2-1 win for holland.
lets get 'r doneeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 pm

today is D-day for us dutchies...

what do you all think the outcome will be?
let us know Smile
Back to top Go down
Benneke
Four of a Kind
Benneke

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:55 pm

so close but no cigar Sad goal was a bit dubious because of the offside in the action that lead to it but hey the match was full of dubious calls. Sad was really looking forward 2 a big party Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 am

11 yellow cards, 2 red cards, over 30 offside's...

not what the world expected from the final match.
that referee should be printing license plates after this stunt ...

ahwell... 4 more years to practice Wink

and not to sound as a sore loser (which i basicly am haha)
" welldone spain, first euro.champ. and now world champ., yall can be proud!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soccer/World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer/World Cup   Soccer/World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Soccer/World Cup
Page 1 of 1