The Poker Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poker Cave

A place to play a nice, friendly game in a peaceful environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
new members: post an introduction and update your profile to join freerolls!!
carbon poker
Stephen Strasburg Debut Cp_currentpromo_120x600
flanders poker
$400 freeroll, for all new players

Stephen Strasburg Debut

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bubs
Two Pair

Stephen Strasburg Debut Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Well the day that anyone who follows baseball has been waiting for has finally come. 2moro night the highly anticipated debut of the Washington Nationals prospect Stephen Strasburg will be nationally televised. This is the same kid who struck out 23 batters in one game in college,throws 100mph plus,played for the us olympic team as a college player and can make alot batters knees buckle with the movemnet on his pitches. Some say he his the best prospect in decades. So I ask you baseball fans out there will this kid turn into Nolan Ryan or will he turn into Brien Taylor (yankees prospect back in the 90's that was suppose to be god and couldnt throw the ball to save his life in the bigs, I should know I hoarded his baseball cards by the dozens lol). I pitched in little league for 10 years and I cant wait to see what this kid is made of 2moro night. I wish him the best and hope he can live up to the hype and the pressure of being one of the best "prospects" to ever take the field. But on the other hand I am a die hard New York Mets fan and I know that with his team being in our division this could mean facing him multiple times a year which could be trouble. So I wanna know.....will he live up to the HYPE?? Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 am

to be honoust... i dont know a thing about baseball nowadays...

when i was a youngster i actually played some baseball in a town near mine.
our team was called: The Phoenix'
we sucked!!! whoahahahaha
i was a pretty good pitcher, but after few months of playing baseball, i was in a match,... the opponents pitcher threw a curvebal straight for my head.... i was young/ignorant and didnt see it coming..
they recorded a whopping 85/90 miles per hour in the throw... and it hit me in my right eye...
i was blind for a month! (cuz it was swollen)
im no sissy, but i decided then and there.... kickboxing was safer ^^

so im not up to date with baseball nowadays... seeying those guys throw, makes me queezy Razz
bubs: keep me posted tho, or perhaps post a video on it here Wink
Back to top Go down
https://thepokercave.forumotion.com
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 am

Ya hes a big thing here in the states "the next great one" supposedly.........did you say "kickboxing is safer"?!?!?! I will stick to baseball anyday over kickboxing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 am

a concrete baseball or a punch by a guy... nope.. i prefer kickboxing... worst thing that can happen is that you break something... youll get a nice pink cast around it or something hahaha.
that baseball will reconstruct your face so your own momma wont recognize ya... nahhhh
not for me ^^

hahaha

bubs: how you enjoying yourself around here so far?
ive got some great new updates later on this week...
(meaning 6 new games a month on carbon alone)
be sure to stick around Wink
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 pm

So far so good,trying to do my part to spread all my knowledge on this forum lol. Starting to wonder about you though "pink cast" and all.......

And to follow up on the Stephen Strasburg IS the real deal. 7 innings pitched 14 strikeouts 0 walks while only giving up a handful of hits. Yes he did give up a home run but not only was he still throwing 98 99 mph in the 7th but he was also buckling batters knees with his offspeed pitches while stiking out 7 of the last 8 batters he faced. They only took him out of the game to protect their investment as he reached his hypothetical 90 pitch count.This kid will be a force to reckon with.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 am

lets keep us posted then Wink

any other sports you in to?
Back to top Go down
bubs
Two Pair

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 am

Ya I follow everything except tennis havent yet been able to get excited about that one unless some really hot babe is playing running back and forth in a hot little skirt grunting everytime she hits the ball......kinda turns me on.Was that TMI?? sorry I will tone it down Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 am

hahahahaha... golf is funny to watch at times..
i can laugh my ass off when a nerdie college prick loses by 1 swing.... they throw their gear around the air.. all of a sudden not so posh anymore hahaha.

i laughed even harder when i heared that tiger woods got his ass whooped by his wife on the green hahhahaa

serves him right, stupid preppy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Strasburg Debut   Stephen Strasburg Debut Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephen Strasburg Debut
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Poker Cave :: General Discussion :: Sports Talk-
Jump to: